Stoke the Fires

Merry Meet and Welcome to my Hearth!

Pull up a stool as I stir my Cauldron and let us trade little tid-bits of information on spells, potions, brews, and the real every day life of Woman, Witch, Mother, and Wife.

Merry we meet, merry we part, and may we merry meet again with Many Blessings and Much Love to All!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It Rained Last Night.

The puddle below my back steps.
Sweetly pattering across the roof. Pleasantly plunking into puddles outside the backdoor, left open to catch the smell of Mother's rain cleansing the Earth.

The gently, forceful, relaxing sound of a storm seemed to over shadow the usual sounds of my queendom at night. My hubby snoring gently on the sofa besides me, the t.v. usual incessant blabbering, the shushing of the washing machine, the dryer plinking along (found a nickle in it later!)...all were as nothing to Mother's gentle tears.

As usual I had remained awake while the barely controlled chaos in the house had quieted to snores, whimpers, and whispers of dreams. I love the night, especially when it rains.

My mind is at it's keenest as the quietness of the Witching Hour approaches and it drives my hubby crazy!

My thoughts bouncing from one idea, concept, plan to another, like the raindrops that were plunking onto the barbecuer.

I thought of the book that's been dancing along the peripheries of my mind and realised that it had a friend. I thought of the season and what it corresponded to and how fitting it was that we should have rainfall now. I thought of my life and came to the conclusion that I had to put Autumn's correspondences into play.

I vaguely remember a lesson from an English class back in high school (many, many, many, many moons ago), where we were taught that rain in stories is a cleansing, a rebirth, a coming clean of the action and/or character...very befitting for me last night...a cleansing, a rebirth, a coming clean...

I knew I loved the rain for a reason!

So I awoke bright and refreshed, so like the world outside my front door is. So full of sunshine and potential...

I'll grab my pointed hat and broom and ride this magickal currant full of wondrous ideas...don't worry I'll bring you along if you'd like!

Blessings and Love to All!
~Faye~

No comments:

Post a Comment