Stoke the Fires

Merry Meet and Welcome to my Hearth!

Pull up a stool as I stir my Cauldron and let us trade little tid-bits of information on spells, potions, brews, and the real every day life of Woman, Witch, Mother, and Wife.

Merry we meet, merry we part, and may we merry meet again with Many Blessings and Much Love to All!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feelings of Uggghhhh and the Mind!!!

I'm sick today...

No, I am not...

Yes, I am....

Uggghhhh....

I DO NOT have the TIME to be sick!

Ok, so I don't feel very productive today, and no I do not have the time to get ill! I work full time, have three kids and a husband, not to mention our little four-legged zoo, and a snake too. I have a house to maintain, a blog to do, not to mention my other hobby (YouTube), and my obsession with Facebook (ok so it's really the games!).

But really, I DO NOT have the TIME to be sick!

Usually that does work. Not to mention that I'm dosing myself with ibuprofen, honey with cayenne pepper for the throat, and plenty of fluids.

In all actuality the above sentence, guess which one, usually does do the trick!

The Mind is a very powerful tool that is little utilized in the western world. The Mind is capable of so much strength, calculations, formulations and magick.

To kinda give you an idea (an a reference to my age!), I grew up in a time before cellphones! Yes, there was such a time! Anyways, I used to be able to memorize phone numbers with no problem. I had every one of my friend's home numbers, family's phone numbers, several business numbers, and so on.

Every number that I know have on my contact list, at one time, I would have been able to have memorized...not now. I have become so dependent on my cell phone that I barely have my cell number, my house number, and my hubby's cell number memorized, I don't even have my kids cell phone numbers memorized!

We need to exercise our brains just as much as we need to exercise our bodies. As magickal practitioners we need to keep our wits keen and our mind sharp. It is the one essential tool that every good Witch should have, a keen mind!

It is the power of our mind that enables magick to work as it does. With one thought, we can change the course of our future. It is the catalyst that propels our workings to manifest into this plain of existance. Magick wouldn't work without the mind's strength.

The mind is so good at what it does that we live and breath without having to remind ourselves to do so.  What we consider an automatic response, breathing, is our minds working without a conscious effort on our parts.

(I must be sick! I'm rambling!)

Keep your mind in good working order. Show it the respect and attention that it deserves and it will strengthen your magick!

Blessings and Love, Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment