Stoke the Fires

Merry Meet and Welcome to my Hearth!

Pull up a stool as I stir my Cauldron and let us trade little tid-bits of information on spells, potions, brews, and the real every day life of Woman, Witch, Mother, and Wife.

Merry we meet, merry we part, and may we merry meet again with Many Blessings and Much Love to All!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Harvest Moon

I hope everyone had a wonderful Harvest Moon celebration. I know I did. :-)

It was very simple and very moving. It was just the moon and me! No candles...no fire...no incense...no tools...nothing but me and the Moon.

It was a very refreshing experience. How many of you can let go of all the complexity of a ritual and just do one with nothing else but yourself?

When I first started down my Pagan path, officially, I was very much put out by all the tools and ingredients that were listed by the few books that I had been lucky enough to buy. I had a very limited income (still do) and it almost put me off, until I read one sentence in a book that said basically that all of the stuff is fluff. (I know many do not like the author, but I think she is great!)

Sometimes in the act of being a good Pagan practitioner, we lose sight of the real part of why we follow a Pagan spirituality, to have a one on one relationship with the Deity/ies that we choose to follow. We get so wrapped up in having the perfect alter or having the perfect magickal pantry that we forget that we don't need all that stuff to have a great working or get in touch with the All.

Try it sometime. You may be surprised how easy, yet how difficult it is to approach the Lady with nothing but words you make up at the time.

Lady of the Night
When you approach the Lady or the Lord with nothing but you, yourself, you open your heart up in such a different way than when you perform an elaborate ritual.
Try it next time.

No planning.

No tools, but your heart and mind.

Try it.

Trust me, it is so worth it!

Blessings and Love, Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment